Terms and Conditions
We are one of the world’s most famous aerobatic formation wingwalking teams.
AeroSuperBatics Wingwalking Experience Terms and Conditions
- You must be at least 18 years old
- Be no taller than 6ft 2inch/1.88metres
- Be no heavier than 14 stone/89kgs
- Have a waist measurement including layers of warm clothing and a jacket of no more than 40 inches/102cms
- Be able to climb completely unassisted up to and down from the top wing of one of our Boeing Super Stearman biplanes. This is a steep climb of approximately 10ft / 3m, involving a high leg lift up on to the bottom wing and another high leg lift to get over the side of the cockpit, kneeling and pulling yourself up using the various struts and wires to get on to the top wing 2
- Be able to withstand the strong wind pressures experienced while flying at speeds of up to 120mph
- Meet all listed health requirements stated in the application form. If the wing walker suffers from any of the following conditions please contact Aerosuperbatics to discuss and they will need to obtain written medical approval from their GP: Epilepsy, fits, severe head injury, recurrent blackouts, fainting fits or giddiness, disease of the brain or nervous system, high blood pressure, heart or lung disease, recurrent weakness or dislocation of any limb, diabetes, mental illness, drug or alcohol addiction.
- Alcohol must not be consumed on the day of your wing walk. If you are considered to be intoxicated from the previous evening, you will be denied your wing walk. In both instances you risk forfeiting any monies paid.
- For bookings where a date is confirmed and payment made, your wing walk is non-refundable. Exceptions will be at the discretion of Aerosuperbatics Ltd
- Gift vouchers are valid for 12 months. They can be transferred to another person during this time at no extra cost as long as they meet the correct criteria (age, weight, height, medical conditions).
- On payment of the total fee for your wing walk, you are covered by 3rd Party Liability Insurance Policy of up to £50 million. For a summary of the policy including details of the personal accident benefits are available on request.
- Failure to show up on the day may result in you forfeiting your wing walk.
- You may use your Wingwalking experience to raise money for charity if you wish. All bookings are charged at the advertised rate in our paperwork. Any fundraising for charity is completely independent from Aerosuperbatics and the sole responsibility of the fundraiser. If your charity can get a group of people together who want to do a sponsored wingwalk then you can have private use of the airfield for the day. Please email Gowingwalking@aerosuperbatics.com for more information.
- It is important that wing walkers arrive wearing tight clothing.. The wind chill can be quite cold so warm layers are ideal plus a coat without a hood. Please wear trainers or soft grippy soled secure shoes that fully cover the whole foot. The wind force is incredibly strong so no loose articles or clothing is allowed. For those with long hair we recommend tying it back or plaiting it securely .You will also be asked to remove all jewellery. We provide goggles, ear plugs and if optional flying overalls. Small framed glasses can be worn underneath our Wingwalking goggles, although if they do not fit comfortably then you will have to fly without your glasses as it is not an option to fly without wearing the goggles. During the Spring and Autumn months we would recommend bringing a warm pair of secure gloves.
- If you have booked a date for the wingwalk, please note it is subject to the weather conditions. We check the weather the day before the flight and contact the wingwalker if we need to postpone it due to bad weather. This will normally be between 3pm – 5pm the day before the flight. If the weather is not suitable we will have to rearrange the flight to another day that suits you. The pilots will also assess the weather conditions before each individual flight. We reserve the right to postpone any flight if the pilot feels the weather has deteriorated resulting in unsafe flying conditions for wingwalking.
- We offer Wingwalking experiences on selected weekdays from April until October, our mainline of business is displaying at air shows and events, so we offer week day dates that fit around the team’s air show schedule. Each available date has various time slots to choose from. You can book on line at Gowingwalking.com or call us on +44(0) 1285831774.
- Please note the school summer holiday months are particularly popular for Wingwalking.
- We do not do aerobatic manoeuvres (loop the loop etc.) for first time wing walkers as we do not know how the wing walker will react on their first go. If you want a high adrenaline ride the pilot can tailor the flight and can include steep dips and dives, wing-overs and banked turns for the more adventurous. Alternatively if you would prefer a more sedate flight that is possible too.
- Returning wing walkers can request aerobatics – please mention this at time of booking and provide the booking reference of your first flight.
- Your pilot will be responsible for the final decision as to whether you are able to make the wing walk.
- We have a camera mounted to the top wing that captures great footage of the wing walker and the sky and ground passing beneath. This is an optional extra available on the day. Unfortunately, due to the strong wind you will not be allowed to take up a hand held and head mounted camera with you. We have found the chest mounted GoPro and harness to be excellent, do bring this along if you have one. Any camera equipment worn will be subject to the pilot on the day being happy it is safe and secure – this is for your own safety as well as the aircraft, pilot and those on the ground.
- If you make a booking on the phone or via our website, you are confirming that you have read and are accepting our terms and conditions. If you have any queries, please feel free to contact us on +44(0) 1285831774.
- These Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with English law. The Courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any claim, dispute or difference concerning any matter arising from these Terms.